Pages

Friday, May 29, 2009

Rev. Peter Chin's Update

He can smile!
Yes, he did. I was talking to him, when my mom came in and asked Pastor not to entertain me and my nonsense! (I know, what a mom I have huh?) And Pastor actually smiled! He did, it was no imagination of ours. Well, we both saw it, and since we're not deluded, we can conclude that he did smile.
Pastor's looking pretty much like his normal self, with the exception of some tubes and wires stuck randomly about his body. His eyes are as big as ever. At one point during the visit, I think he "jeling" at one of the nurses. He looks a bit fierce then.
I think he recognizes most of the people who visits him, and I'm telling you there's like a never ending stream of people during the visitation hours.
I'm in awe actually of the many, many lives that he has touched. There was even a lady who has only spoken to him twice on the phone and yet, she is one of those who visits most frequently and brings lunch for Mrs. Chin. I've also met a lady who has only heard Pastor speaking in her church a few times, and yet, she hears about him in Gleneagles and makes the visit with her current pastor.
The dcotor is a little worried that he does not respond quite well to basic commands like open your mouth and closing it. (Why does this make me think of dog training?!) I digress. In my humble opinion and obervation, (spoken without medical knowledge), Pastor seems to have a little difficulty opening his mouth because of the Tracheotomy attached to his throat. He seems to be in pain when he swallows and even when he coughs, his mouth is close. (My mom says it's good manners, well...)
However, I believe (once again, speaking without medical knowledge) that because he underwent brain surgery on his left side of the brain, this part would need time to time to heal. The right side of the body has minimal movement, but his right hand did show some movements when we prayed for him.
Personally putting myself in his shoes, the battle that needs to be fought is actually in his brain, his thoughts. It is normal I think, to feel frustration and negative feelings. From an active person to suddenly having minimal movement, lying there to recuperate, it IS a drastic change. The rest of it, speech, walking, writing can be picked up again, but first we must start this battle with his thoughts, by encouraging him, dispelling his fears and negativity. We need to pray for his spirits to be lifted up by the Holy Spirit, and for hope and faith to constantly fill his mind.
We also need to pray for financial support to come in as the hospital bills are not small amounts, but I believed that even as I write this, GPM churches from all over Malaysia are actively raising funds, and I see God's hands moving, sending the funds.
Please, continue to uphold Pastor in your prayers. And if you want to contribute to Pastor's medical fees, please contact any of the numbers listed in the side panel, Sis.Melissa or Brother Jacob.

No comments: