Pages

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

RUN WITH FREEDOM

Hey there GEPC folks...Christina here..Just wanna share with u guys something that God has taught me these few days...

Recently I have been jogging in this park near my house for a few times. The path was about 3 km long.. It is not easy to run such a long distance, especially when the finish line seems so far ahead..First few times I'm able to jog until the finish line without stopping. One evening I decided to carry these two dumbells in my hand and jog the whole park. Halfway I was feeling so so tired, my hands and thighs are aching thanks to the weight I bear in my hands. I was practically out of breath..I felt like quitting! I don't feel like running anymore becox I beh tahan ady. The tiredness from the weight was overwhelming...it had stop me from continuing the jog.

This was an illustration of the race we are running in our Christian life. So many times we felt so tired and overwhelming because of the burdens we carry ( like the dumbells mentioned). Burdens of our past, guilt, unforgiveness, hatred, fear, worries and so on....had pulled us down, preventing us from moving forward. But God wants us to finish the race..and He wants to us to RUN WITH FREEDOM!!!

Not only that that Jesus had asked all of us who are tired and weary to go to Him, so that He can give us REST from ALL the BURDENS that is struggling us. He is willing to exhange His light burdens for our heavy ones....See how good God is.

So the question is do you want to run this race FREELY without any guilt or fear troubling you?? Then it's time to COMPLETELY drop off all these sampah saraps of sins.
Hebrews 12:1 says " Let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us"...

We can't carry two things at the same time. See how overwhelming the weight is?? Throw the burdens off your back!! Then you can continue to run without any struggle anymore.

God wants us to leave our past, and look forward towards the future cox He had great plans for us!!! AMEN!!
So brothers and sisters, let us continue to run without struggling with our oldselves, for whoever is in Christ we are renewed in our minds and our spirits and ALL OUR OLD WAYS and OLDSELVES are GONE!!! All sins had been forgiven through the blood of Jesus Christ and it is through this blood,
CHRIST HAD SET US FREE!!!


I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith!!

1 comment:

YoUrS TrUely - S@bRIna Lee said...

AMEN!!...Great write up..It's so important to let go and then only we can move into what God has planned for us..This can only be done by the grace of God.

"For my grace is sufficient for thee"
(2 corinthians 12:9)