Saturday, June 26, 2010
Daily Quiet Time
A quiet time is a daily time we set aside to be alone with God and to know Him through the bible and prayers.
The time spends alone with God should be the priority in our daily lives for 5 reasons:
1. We are created to have fellowship with God.Rev 3:20
2. Personal time with God was Jesus’ source of strength.Luke 5:16
3. To give devotion to God in our daily quiet time. Psalms 29:2
4. To get direction from God.Psalms 25:4-5
2 things to do in our quiet time:
A) Consider our ways.1 John 1:9
B) Commit our ways.Psalms 37:5
5. To grow daily to be like God.Ephesians 4:14-15
We should spend some time to praise and worship God. Besides this, we should also spend time in prayer and reading God's Word.