Pages

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Thoughtfulness

Being considerate. Packing food for a friend who is staying in to study for his exam. Buying someone a meal at the end of the month. Helping a friend who needs transportation. Offering to babysit for your sister who would like to go out without the baby.

But sometimes it's in the routine, the every day things that we do. One may not even be aware that one's being thoughtful. Ministry time after the service went on for a bit tonight. There were not that many people who walked up to be ministered to, 2 maybe 3 persons. But another 2 or 3 did drift up to the front to be ministered to at random.

A thoughtful girl standing at the ready at the back of another, waiting to catch her if she falls. A thoughful guy, who was observant enough to step up as I was scanning the vicinity for one to stand behind a guy who stepped up to be ministered to.

I observed the thoughtful girl who stood there throughout the whole time, holding the tissue box at ready for those whose tears flow at the touch of the Holy Spirit.

I watched the thoughtful keyboardist playing throughout the time, willingly sacrificing her time to be ministered to.

I watched the thoughtful guy who carefully treaded about on the stage, plugging the mics out of their sockets to recoil the wire, I watched another who silently and carefully measure his steps as he brought the guitar and bass back into their room, I watched them slowly transport the mic stands, music stands and equipment back to their proper place, without so much as a thud or a thump. If I closed my eyes then, all I would hear would be the soothing sound of the keyboard. I would not be able to detect that there are people clearing up in the background. For this I was thankful to them for keeping the sounds to a minimum in order not to disturb the people just 2 whole feet away.

I was touched by their observance, by their willingness to spend the time, their thoughtfulness, for their deeds that no one may even remember, including themselves. But of which ministered to the hearts of the people at their point of need. So thank you church, for your thoughtfulness that ministered to my heart this evening.

3 comments:

sasa said...

Thank you church, for showing love and care for one another. For your ever readiness to serve His people.

Kirito said...

this is touching... really do..

Clarence said...

very nice... and I thank the one who wrote this for observing the entire process =)